|ANNOTATED AGENDA OF THE PANEL SESSIONS OF THE V CONGRESS OF THE LEADERS OF WORLD AND TRADITIONAL RELIGIONS|
The theme of the Congress and its panel sessions offer an opportunity to discuss acute issues of the contemporaneity and to develop recommendations to address them.
Panel session 1
“Religious and Political Leaders: the Responsibility to humankind”
In the globalization era humankind is facing new threats and challenges. Terrorism, which extensively abuses religious rhetoric to justify violent actions, poses a serious threat.
Religious and political leaders should unite to seek together solutions to existing challenges. This requires comprehensive dialogue based on the principles of mutual respect and trust.
Religious and political leaders can demonstrate that world and traditional religions share common values, do not incite enmity and hatred, and do not serve as an ideological foundation of extremist and terrorist activities.
1. The role of religious leaders and politicians in strengthening peace, security and cooperation.
2. Common support for the principles of mutual understanding and respect in societies.
3. Interaction between religious and political leaders to counter the ideas of violent extremism and religious intolerance.
Panel session 2
“The Influence of Religion on Youth: Education, Science, Culture and Mass Media”
Religion plays an important role in the development of spiritual principles and values of the youth.
Religious leaders can positively influence the youth through education, science, culture and the media.
1. The role of religion in the lives of the youth.
2. The important role of education, science, culture and the mass media in raising religious awareness among young people, bridging spiritual, cultural and ethnic differences.
3. The role of religion and the mass media in safeguarding young people against extremist ideas.
Panel session 3
“Religion and Politics: New Trends and Perspectives”
Religion has always played a crucial role in societies and nations. Contemporary politics increasingly focus on spiritual and moral values which now play a vital role in shaping political preferences.
Against this background it is important to strengthen dialogue of religious and political leaders, as well as to define trends and perspectives of their further cooperation in ensuring peace and stability in societies.
1. The role of religion in contemporary world politics.
2. Modern trends: religion as an instrument to enhance dialogue of cultures and civilizations.
3. Main features and perspectives of the interaction between religious and political leaders.
Panel session 4
“Dialogue Based on Mutual Respect and Understanding among Leaders of World and Traditional Religions for Peace, Security and Harmony”
In modern realities concerted efforts of the leaders of world and traditional religions in strengthening peace, security and harmony are of utmost importance. This can be achieved through global dialogue based on mutual respect, understanding, and trust.
1. Dialogue of the leaders ofworld and traditional religions is a key to peace, security and harmony.
2. Perspectives of further development of interreligious dialogue. The role of the Astana congresses in strengthening dialogue of religious leaders.
|< Prev||Next >|